When I last year went to London on a school trip to visit museums, schools, theatres and markets to find inspiration and ideas, I knew where I had to study. Not only does the city offer an endless stream of inspiration and access to possibilities, but in the Great Britain you find a world of fashion and design which do not exist in the same way in Norway.
Two years ago an employee from where I went to kindergarten gave to me a thick bunch of my old drawings that she had kept. Those represented my life in the kindergarten, she told me. Ever since I was a little girl I have had all kind of creative hobbies. At school my artistic strength and creativity was developed further. I went to Waldorf School, where we did have a several creative courses. At high school I made my first ball gown, and I have continued years after years since. Before leaving school, we did not have graduate exams, but a year assignment. I chose the wedding dress as my theme and besides writing 70 pages of the wedding dress’ history, I made a dress. I draw a design that both fitted my opinion of a dream dress and that fitted the market. With guidance from a tailor, I sewed it to fit an average size. I started with sketches and learned the whole process that lead to a final product. I got an A for my assignment. The year after I went to a folk high school, where I joined the course of Costume and Fashion design. We sewed clothes both to ourselves and to theater- and musical performances. We also created jewelry, redesigned old things and clothes and learned to make hats.
This whole time my interest for fashion design has grown and I have been drawn to this creative world of clothes and art. As arts and craft was my favorite classes at school, I still love the times when I can sit down to draw, sew or read books about it. Since a long time ago I have been thinking of studying fashion design. Now, after several years of thinking, I have found out; there is no other option. There is nothing else I would rather do.
I am ready for the challenge and the opportunity of my life.
søndag 1. februar 2009
London!
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar